Startrails Creator is an easy-to-use application to create star trail photos.
As light pollution become more and more severe, photographers no longer take extremely long exposure to get a star trail photos. Photographers now take a series of relatively short exposure photos, and use image-processing application to stack photos together and get one star trail photo.
This process is boring and time-consuming, even with the help of image processing “macro”s.
Startrails Creator makes this process simple and fast. With a few clicks, user can make a beautiful star trail photo without hussle.
Startrails Creator also have a relatively small memory footprint compare to the full-blown image-processing applications.
You can also create star trail animations in Animated GIF or Video with Startrails Creator.
We added time-lapse video support in Startrails Creator! Now you can create any kind of time-lapse video with Startrails Creator even if they are not startrails shots!
- New: Make time-lapse video.
- Fixed: You can now use Command-A to select all shots when add startrails shots and dark frames.
- Other minor tweaks and fixes.
The long-awaited "Dark Frame Subtraction*" feature is here!
- Added dark frame subtraction during star trails composition.
- Other tweaks.
* Dark frame subtraction will only applied to final image.
- New: EXIF data now preserved for ALL star trail photos!
- Bug fix.
- Now star trail composition supports fill gaps.
- Other small tweaks.
- New: Make star trail video and animated gif.
- Fixed several issues in previous version.
- First release.